20030129: RPC_TIMED_OUT

Brett,

> To: The AWIPS LDM list <address@hidden>
> cc: address@hidden
> From: "Brett Mcdonald" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [awipsldm] Re: LDM help

> What do you think about the "RPC_TIMED_OUT" messages that I cam getting
> in my syslog?  I was just looking at some LDM documentation and it
> seemed to imply that if a connection cannot be established within a
> specified period of time with the host server, then the connection is
> essentially lost until there is an improvement.  Is this right?  Can
> that "minimum time" be configured?
>
> Thanks
>
> Brett

There are several compile-time timeouts used by the LDM-5 system:

    Timeout on the downstream LDM establishing a connection to an
    upstream LDM;

    Timeout on an upstream LDM sending a product to a downstream LDM.

    Timeout on a downstream LDM waiting on a silent connection.

Do you know the timeout in which you're interested?

Regards,