Re: 20021126: converting old wmo metar data to gdbm?

Christian,

If you don't want mess with making queues and the LDM, bypass it going
directly to GDBM.  YOu should look at the man page for gdbm. You might
have to make a c programs to do the gdbm work. I modified the script, ie

> > #!/local/bin/perl
> > #
    $fname = $ARGV[0] ;
     $gdbm = gdbm_open ($fname ....
> > # Now begin parsing file and decoding observations breaking on cntrl C
> >
> > while( <STDIN> ) {
> >     # extract product ID
> >     $prodID = $1 ; #you might want to change the id
        gdbm_store ($gdbm, $prodID, $_, "0664") ;
> > }

    gdbm_close( $gdbm ) ;

Robb...