Re: LDM log file not created

> Anne-
>
> I had a disk crash and I had to rebuild our ldm.  I think I got everything in
> order and it looks like it works, but the log file is not being generated
> and the data is not being filed away as it was.
>
> Am I missing a path change or something?
>
> If you don't have a quick answer I am sure I will figure it out sooner or
> later.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

First, does the log file exist?  It must exist before syslogd will write
to it.  You can create it with 'touch ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log'.

Second, syslogd should be HUP'ed to ensure it has reread
/etc/syslog.conf.  Probably when you restarted the ldm 'hupsyslog' was
executed, but you could always do that from the command line just to
make sure.  (You won't see any response.)

Then, to test writing to local0, try 'logger -p local0.info "This is a
test"' - this should write that string into ldmd.log.

If none of that works, then the mystery is not superficial.  Try these
things and let me know what happens.  Btw, what's your OS?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307