20020826: LDM 5.2.1 source distribution available (cont.)

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Art,

At the end of August, you asked:

>Is there any status on the patches to LDM 5.2?  I would like to finish my
>upgrades to my LDM system.

A perfomance enhancement to v5.2 was incorporated in v5.2.1.  The
compressed tar file of source for 5.2.1 is available as ldm-5.2.1.tar.Z
in the pub/ldm5 directory of anonymous FTP on our ftp server,
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.  Binary distributions of 5.2.1 will _not_ be
made, so you will have to build from source to upgrade.

We recommend upgrading to 5.2.1 for two reasons:

o incremental bug fixes and enhancements from v5.1.4 and v5.2

o the ability to report real time statistics back to the UPC

We are very interested in seeing PSU upgrade to 5.2.1 so that we can
start getting realtime statistics from you.  After you build 5.2.1
binaries and change your runtime link in ~ldm, you will need to add
execution of rtstats to your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file.  The line to
add is:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

This line should be put at the end of the list of 'exec's at the top
of the file.  As always, whenever ldmd.conf is changed, the LDM must
be stopped and restarted for the change to take effect.

Please let us know if you run into any problems building/installing
5.2.1.

Tom