RE: 20020823: FNEXRAD feed?

Hi Tony,

see below..

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, rockwooa wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Many thanks.  Tom advised me to have Hsie at rainbow.al.noaa.gov 'allow' me
> in
> the FNEXRAD datastream and he did it right away.  Notifyme now confirms the
> data are available - I just have to add the request line to my ldmd.conf.
>
> I'll have to be careful not to request too much since I don't want to swamp
> my
> machine.  What would the request line look like if I wanted to start with
> just
> the 6 km National Base Reflectivity and not the rest?

Tony,

Will you be using this for visualization or computation?

If visualization I would recommend the 1KM image/product
If you want to do grid analysis, the 6KM grib prod is the choice.

FNEXRAD   rad/NEXRCOMP/1km/n0r_2

for the 1km "image"

size:1778208 ~1.8Mb

about every 10-15 minutes.

or

FNEXRAD   radar_mosaic_national

for the 6KM gridded grib product, and then pipe to DCGRIB2

size:111916 ~112K

about every 10-15 minutes.

> Next question is what do I have to do to get GARP 56F to display them?  Are
> they handled automatically by ldm52 or do I have to edit the pqact to send
> them to the right decoders, data directory, etc?  How about modifications to
> Garp_defaults so Garp can find them?  Maybe I should direct these to Chiz?

Garp_defaults in 5.6.f will accomodate these data products

I am not quite the GEMPAK guru as Chiz, but this should help you..

Cheers,

Jeff Weber
Unidata Support