20020826: building ldm with large file support (cont.)

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Art,

>Is there any status on the patches to LDM 5.2?  I would like to finish my
>upgrades to my LDM system.

There are two issues related to you implementing LDM 5.2 on your RedHat 7.3
Linux system:

1) we fund a bug in surf_split.c; this affects pqsurf

2) you want to build an LDM with a >2GB queue; Anne wants to touch base
   with Darryl Herzmann of Iowa state before encouraging/discouraging
   you from this

So, if you want to get moving on installing LDM 5.2, you will need to:

1) build from source
2) incorporate the mods in the new version of surf_split.c if you use
   pqsurf

We will be creating binary distributions of LDM 5.2.1 in the "near" future.
These will contain the surf_split fix and another fix for pqing.

Anne will get back to you regarding building a >2GB queue on RH 7.3.

Tom