Re: 20020822: ldmd won't stay running

John C Nordlie wrote:

> Thanks, Anne.  According to our campus network folk (two steps
> up the line from yours truely), we are experiencing "network
> weirdness", which they're having trouble pinning down.  No
> traffic shaping is going on that they know about.  We're
> also experiencing slow-downs and lost packets on other systems
> accessing outside the U, so it's outside my control.
>
> I'll see what they can find over the weekend.  Sigh.
>
> JCN

Hi John,

Thanks for the update.  Although it's possible that there's some other
problem going on, the more I think about it the more I think your
problems are indeed network related.  Regarding the assertion failure in
your logs:

Aug 23 16:15:47 129.15.194.232[3165]: assertion "pIf(xdrs->x_op ==
XDR_ENCODE, *cpp != NULL && **cpp != 0)" failed: file "ldm_xdr.c", line
22

XDR is the encoding used by the RPC library for transmission.  So, it
seems like something got screwed up, perhaps cut off, in transmission.

Unless I hear from you otherwise, I'll assume the network is the
problem.  Good luck with this.  If you find any answers I would
appreciate your letting me know so that I can give this thread some sort
of closure in the archives.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307