Re: Request for assistance for halo.sci.ccny.cuny.edu

Xiaodong Yan wrote:

> Hi Anne,
> Just 2 minutes ago, I finally get the packeteer turned off, and the person
> promised me he will leave it open for next 2 days.
> After hang up the phone, I logged into halo, everything looks fine
> immediately. I get ldmping responding, and I get the connections between
> halo and redwood/striker at albany.
>
> Will you please tell us how the other institute solve the problem with the
> packeteer? Any setup at the packetter side? Any example for us to follow?
> Thanks a lot for all the help you offered us now and in the past. I am glad
> that at least we know the ldm could work, so we can start working on
> Mcidas and other softwares.
>
> Best Regards,
> Xiaodong
>
> =================================
> Xiaodong Yan
> System Administrator, Science Computing
> Room: Marshak Science Building, J-302
> City College of City University of New York
> New York, NY 10031
> Tel: 212.650.7885
> Email: address@hidden
> =================================

HI Xiaodong,

In case you didn't see the notice I just sent out to ldm-users, I just
completed a web page of instructions for configuring Packetshaper.  I
hope they are useful because I've still never seen a Packetshaper, I
just got the instructions from someone at Packeteer.  Anyway, the page
is
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/packetshaper/packetshaper.html.

In the instructions I mention that if your contract with Packeteer
includes support, contacting them directly would be the best source of
help.

Otherwise, I do hope these instructions are helpful to you or to
whomever will be configuring Packetshaper.  Please let me know if
there's anything else I can do for you.

Sincerely,

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307