Re: corrupt queues

Benjamin Cotton wrote:

> Anne,
>
> My latencies are killer.  AS I think I mentioned (but I can't be sure
> since I might have slept since then) earlier, latencies for incoming
> data run about 45 minutes, but the data appearing in my directories is
> running 10-12 hours behind.
>
> What do oysters eat on their bagels?  Pearl Jam.

Oh yeah!  Now I remember.  Between us we must know all the oyster
jokes...

> Thanks for all your help!
> Ben

Morning Ben,

First, to get logging working better on your FreeBSD system, I suggest
adding -l /project/ldm/logs/ldmd.log to calls to LDM programs where you
can.  Specifically in ldmd.conf make this change:
                exec "pqbinstats -l /project/ldm/logs/ldmd.log"
                exec "pqact -l /project/ldm/logs/ldmd.log"

and in ldmadmin, change this line in start_ldm:

    $cmd_line .= " -q $pq_path $ldmd_conf > $pid_file";
to:

    $cmd_line .= " -l /project/ldm/logs/ldmd.log -q $pq_path $ldmd_conf
> $pid_file";

(You'll have to remember to migrate this change to your new ldmadmin
when you upgrade.)

Then restart the LDM for the changes to take effect.

Second, here's a problem in pqact.conf:

(anvil.eas.purdue.edu) [/project/ldm/etc]% ldmadmin pqactcheck
Aug 16 17:25:40 pqact[55175]: Syntax error at line 302, not enough
fields

The problem is that the third line does not start with a tab.  To
confirm this, I place a tab at the beginning of the line, and ran
ldmadmn pqactcheck again.  It reported back that there was an error 4
lines later, the next place where a tab is required.  I made that change
and tested it again.  I'll leave the rest of the changes for you to
make.

Once these changes are made I believe pnga2area will log to
/project/ldm/logs/png.log as it is supposed to from the pqact.conf
entries.  I just tested running pnga2area from the command line again
using the -l /project/ldm/logs/png.log and logging worked fine.  If you
look in that log now you'll see the error messages that I just sent to
Tom in my previous email.

So, please make the above changes, and we'll proceed from there with
problems pnga2area is having, and the latency issue.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307