Re: corrupt queues

Benjamin Cotton wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I checked syslog.conf and it has exactly what's given on the LDM
> installation site.  It's the same machine that Eric ran.  As far as the
> pnga2area seg fault, right after the workshop we had run into the
> problem of somehow the massive drive space on anvil was full.  My remedy
> for this was to remove the lines in pqact.conf that caused the decoders
> to write to this file.  What I've done now is I have put the -l verbage
> back in and made a cronjob that removes the png.log file once a month.
> Nothing has been installed or broken lately, to the best of my
> knowledge.  However, the Computing Systems Administrator has been doing
> upgrades to the department computers all summer, and something might
> have been offended then.
>
> I'm pretty sure the University itself hasn't done anything to halt file
> sharing, since that is the vice of choice among the vast majority of
> guys in my hall.  As for the EAS department, I couldn't say.  I don't
> think anyone uses department computers for that to begin with, but you
> can never tell with dirt science (read: geoscience) people.  I'll ask
> our sysadmin, but it may be a while until he can get back to me on it.
>
> In the meantime, I've got a hunch the problem (or at least part of it)
> lies somewhere in the pqact.conf vicinity.  The data I receive, by
> looking doing ldmadmin watch, is only about 45 minutes latent.  However,
> in my files the data is often 10-12 or more hours late.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Ben,

Has the name or IP address of anvil changed recently?  I'm not getting
there - DNS isn't finding anvil:

(anne) imogene:/home/anne/ldmCode/src/scripts 183 % nslookup
anvil.eas.perdue.edu
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

** server can't find anvil.eas.perdue.edu: NXDOMAIN

If the name hasn't changed, please send me the IP address.

Thanks!

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307