Re: 20020812: corrupt LDM queues

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Ben!

You must've dozed off during the "What to Do When All Hell Breaks Loose"
Section!  Not really, guess I'll have to add that section... :-)

First, is anything at all being written to the logs, ever?  This is the
most important piece for debugging purposes.

Regarding product queue corruption, V5.2 has a new option to pqcat, the
-s option.  I mentioned this in the workshop - it's a moderately
rigorous sanity check.  It would be interesting to see what that
reports.  If all else fails it might be worthwhile to upgrade in order
to use that, especially since you're going to upgrade anyway.

It could be revealing to look at the system logs when this happens.  On
FreeBSD I'm guessing the log you want is /var/adm/messages.

How long has this been happening?

And, I'd be interested taking a look when this happens.  Would you be
willing to give me a login, and then contact me when it's occuring?  If
so, please call me with the password info (303) 497-8677, or otherwise
encode that in a message in some way.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307