20020729: building ldm with large file support

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Art,

>Was wondering if you could tell me how to build the ldm for large file
>(large queue > 2GB) support on RedHat 7.3.

It might be a good idea to wait on this because it is likely that we
will be issuing a patch for 5.2 at the end of this week or the beginning
of next week.

If you want to start reading up on large file support, you should look
through:

http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

which is referenced in an email exchange between Darryl Herzmann of Iowa
state and Russ Rew from last August.

Tom

>From address@hidden Mon Jul 29 14:43:32 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020729: building ldm with large file support

Tom,

> If you want to start reading up on large file support, you should look
> through:
>
> http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Okay, thanks.

> which is referenced in an email exchange between Darryl Herzmann of Iowa
> state and Russ Rew from last August.

I saw this, but 11 months is a long time in the Linux and PC hardware
world and the reference was stated to be a bit out-of-date, so I thought I
would ask.  I'll start looking at this and wait for the patch.

                               Thanks.

                                 Art.