20020726: Help! LDM 5.2 keeps crashing on Linux RH 7.3! (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: comments to ldm-users

>Sorry. I wanted to get that out in a hurry, once I discovered it was
>toast.

>> The fact that two other of your machines are running LDM 5.2 under
>> RedHat 7.3 Linux with no problems leads me to believe that there is
re: Wasn't it weather2 that had problems running the LDM previously?

>No, that was weather. And as it turns out, that was due to a RedHat
>problem..which was fixed when a patch was put into place.

OK.

>> >What is a signal 11 and
>> #define SIGSEGV         11      /* Segmentation violation (ANSI).  */
>>
>> So, a signal 11 is a SIGSEGV, or a Segmentation violation.  Since this
>> is noted to be ANSI, it should be the same from all of the machines
>> supported by Unidata.
>
>Hmmm. Now, next question; Why is it doing that?

Who knows?

re: try using binary dist

>Eh, I'd rather compile from source (wow, never thought I'd hear myself say
>THAT!). Besides, I've never really had trouble (besides the brief problem
>above). And, my other two machines seem fine.

Well, how about copying the LDM binaries you built on one of the other
machines to weather2?  This way you would have still created the
binaries locally.

>Any idea what could be causing this?

If I did, I would have told you already.  There is not enough
information in anything I have seen to figure out what could be
happening.

>I wish it would just die right away instead of randomly.
>Could it be a product doing this coming in?

Perhaps (he says as he continues to grasp at straws).  Are your other
LDMs getting the exact same datastreams?

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Jul 26 15:42:49 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020726: Help! LDM 5.2 keeps crashing on Linux RH 7.3! (cont.)

Hi TOm,

> >Hmmm. Now, next question; Why is it doing that?
>
> Who knows?

I don't!

> re: try using binary dist
>
> >Eh, I'd rather compile from source (wow, never thought I'd hear myself say
> >THAT!). Besides, I've never really had trouble (besides the brief problem
> >above). And, my other two machines seem fine.
>
> Well, how about copying the LDM binaries you built on one of the other
> machines to weather2?  This way you would have still created the
> binaries locally.

Hmmm. I will be out until Wednesday, but I'll try it then.

> >Any idea what could be causing this?
>
> If I did, I would have told you already.  There is not enough
> information in anything I have seen to figure out what could be
> happening.

Rats. OK.

> >I wish it would just die right away instead of randomly.
> >Could it be a product doing this coming in?
>
> Perhaps (he says as he continues to grasp at straws).  Are your other
> LDMs getting the exact same datastreams?

Actually, weather is getting everything weather2 is. Weather3 gets NOAA
Weather Wire, but doesn't get a Meteorlogix radar feed found on weather
and weather2. I also don't save McIDAS stuff on weather3.