20020626: LDM setup at Howard (cont.)

>From: Pavel Byles-Howard University Engineering <address@hidden>

Pavel,

>Can't you do it solely based upon ip addy?
>Because I think that's what Jeff did to make it work initially.

Yes, but a number of Unidata sites (remember, these will be the sites
that will want to feed you data) will not 'allow' by IP address.  They
want to the requesting machines to be able to pass the forward/reverse
name lookup test.  In general, it is better to fix the name service
than to let it go.

Tom

>From address@hidden Wed Jun 26 16:46:38 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020626: LDM setup at Howard (cont.)

Thankyou very much.
I will let the ldm rum for a while then try to view dome of the data.

Thankyou
Pavel Byles