Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: 20020624: NEXRAD2 feed for KLOT]]

Terri Betancourt wrote:

>   Anne,
>
>   In this particular case, the goal of looking
>   upstream was actually to answer the question
>   "Who is supplying the KLOT radar data to the
>   CRAFT network?"
>
>   The project I am working on is with MIT.
>   There was some question among the project
>   staff if MIT was the orignial source of the
>   KLOT data on CRAFT.
>
>   For this project we have a leased T1 line
>   from NCAR to Lincoln Labs, so there has
>   been some discussion as to whether we would
>   see more or less latency if we were to receive
>   or radar data via MIT's LDM over the T1.
>
>   - terri b.

Terri,

In LDM Land, once you have a product you can determine its origination
point.  (Note that some products can originate from more than one
source, like products off of NOAAPORT which can be ingested into the IDD
at multiple points.)  But, if you don't have a product you'll just have
to ask about the source.

I don't know if your direct T1 would be faster than relaying a product
via I2 or not, but I'd be interested to know.   If the LDM is in place
at MIT, it's certainly easy enough to find out by modifying your request
line.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307