Re: HU LDM

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Pavel Byles-Howard University Engineering wrote:

> Jeff we have a problem.
> We are currently very limited on disk space and we ran out of it in /var
> yesterday.

Yes, I noticed you were low..that is why I asked you to watch the disk if
you started up the ldm.

 Did you by chance recieve any packages to the /var/data/* dir?
> I see a 100mb ldm.pq file. Can that be deleted?

Only if you do not want to run the ldm..:)

That is your queue, where the data goes..

 And could you tell me what
> those AA, AC ... dir are.

Look in pqact.conf, you will see one entry, for WMO products..This is the
action that is filing the data in the dirs in question, you can set it up
however you like...the one included is a "standard" configuration.

Are they d/l destinations for different
> packages? Because I see many dir and files that I don't know. And how do I
> direct incoming data to specific directories that I choose.

Via your pqact.conf entry....

I think I read
> that the data has to be stored on a locally mounted disk. Is that true?

Yes..

> Lastly, how do I begin to select and download different packages?

Do you mean feed types?

 Do I do
> that using the pqsend command and by changing the request in the
> ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file from request UNIDATA ".*" thelma.ucar.edu to, say
> for example if I wanted the PPS Package, request PPS ".*" thelma.ucar.edu.

No!

Please see:

http://unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/feedtypes/index.html

You are currently requesting UNIDATA which comprises of:

UNIDATA = FT0 | FT1 | FT2 | FT3 | FT5
Predefined feed set name for PPS,
DDS, HDS, IDS, or MCIDAS.

I urge you to read through the workshop presentation, I think it will
answer many of your questions..

See:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/workshop2001/

Jeff Weber