Re: 20020319: windows for ldm?

Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Hi Darien!  Hope you are doing well and things are ok at the lab.

No, sorry, we do not have an LDM for Windows.  Here's our page of
supported platforms: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/platforms.html.
(There's a link to it at the bottom of the LDM home page, but it's easy
to overlook.)

At this point it's only vaporware, but in the future I expect we will
have some Windows version.  But that will also be a very different
implementation of the LDM.

If the goals of the weather squadron are to view data, perhaps they'd be
interested in a pull approach.  Our Metapps project, which runs on
Windows, is an excellent display system that goes out to servers and
gets the data on request.  I am not intimately familiar with it, but I
can certainly put you in touch with someone who is if you'd like more
info.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307