20020308: How many possible LDM connections

>From: "Dumas,Rejean [CMC]" <address@hidden>

Rejean,

>For access control we have to setup any hosts that may connect to our server
>to receive data via the configuration file "ldmd.conf".
>What is the maximum connection for LDM ?

There is no specific limit as far as the LDM code is concerned.  In
practice, however, the number of sites that a machine will be able to
feed is a function of a number of factors:

o CPU speed
o system RAM
o network connection (speed how distant the sites are)
o non-LDM server load
o volume of data to be fed to sites
o number of products in the data to be fed

There is no specific formula to determine how many sites can be fed
from a single host, but for high volume datasets a practical limit
of 20-30 can be expected.  The same hardware can feed substantially
more sites with lower volume datasets.

>Thanks,

I hope that this helps...

>Réjean Dumas
>Services d'acquisition et de distribution des données
>Centre Météorologique Canadien - Environnement Canada
>Data Acquisition and Distribution Services
>Canadian Meteorological Center - Environment Canada
>phone: (514) 421-4715
>fax:      (514) 421-4703
>Email: réaddress@hidden

Tom Yoksas