Re: SUNY-Albany and AFIT

David Knight wrote:

> Jeff,
>      I don't think that is the case. I can lookup other
> machines at your site. For example:
>
> nslookup blizzard.afit.edu
> Server:  redwood.atmos.albany.edu
> Address:  169.226.43.37
>
> Name:    blizzard.afit.edu
> Address:  129.92.9.47
>
> I also just noticed that Jeff Weber asked me to add an allow
> for fujita.afit.edu, but I have entries for
> What is the name of that machine!?!?!?
>
> David

Hi David,

Just to add my own $.02:

In working with Jeff at AFIT my experience has been that blizzard is
exposed while fujita is not.  I've never been able to ping fujita or
resolve its name externally, i.e., outside of their own network.

Also, I too have been confused by the name issue:  .mil vs. .edu.  I've
been trying all afternoon to get on to the machine to confirm the name,
but for some reason I can't get in.  We'll get back to you ASAP on this.

But, I'm wondering how you are able to serve the UNIDATA feed to AFIT
given that the name can't be resolved.  Have you added a line to your
/etc/hosts file?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307