20020304: SUNY-Albany and AFIT

>From: David Knight <address@hidden>

David,

Jeff is at the airport right now, so I will jump in and muddy the picture :-)

>I tried adding allow for FNEXRAD|NNEXRAD but
>that made the ldmadmin start process hang!
>By process of trail and error it appears
>that having an allow FNEXRAD prevents our
>ldmd from starting. Not sure why... does ldm5.1.2 not support
>the FNEXRAD feed?

It does not understand FNEXRAD.  You should use NMC3 instead.
One quick way of verifying if your version of the LDM supports the FNEXRAD
mnemonic is to use notifyme:

notifyme -vxl- -f FNEXRAD

If notifyme works, the LDM will also.

>This will not really do Jeff much good anyway.
>We do not recieve the nexrad floater feed, and,
>the only nnexrad radar we receive is ENX.

OK.

>btw, there appears to be some confusion on what fujita is,
>I have allows for ^fujita\.afit\.af\.mil$ on redwood,
>and for ^fujita\.afit\.mil$ on striker. I have allows
>for ^129\.92\.9\.62$ on both machines since fujita is
>apparently not in their DNS tables (at least I can't do
>a DNS lookup on this host)

I'll let Jeff field this one when he gets back from the airport.

Tom