OS version on aeolus

Larry Riddle wrote:

> >One other thought: do you know what the patch level for aeolus, and are
> >you up to date on the patches?
>
> The only thing I know is what uname tells me:
>
>          OSF1 aeolus.ucsd.edu V5.0 1094 alpha.
>
> If I happen to run across the system administrator in his perambulations,
> I'll ask.

Hi Larry,

Looks like aeolus was happy all weekend.  I guess that's good...

Just to follow up on the state of aeolus' OS, our Alpha machine is at
V5.1, so you are one version behind us.

Mike just told me about the OSF 'setld' command.  Here's a way to list
individual patches that have been applied:
        /usr/sbin/setld -i | grep -i patch

On aeolus, I got none, so it appears that no patches have been applied
there.

I now also hear that another of our sites was very unhappy with OSF
5.0.  Mike was advised to skip that version, and he did.

Are you able to upgrade your OS?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307