slight complication

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Anne,
> Greg Richardson is also helping me with whatever you need for this.
> We are both going to zip off to lunch, but will be back.
> Thanks
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I was going to change the home directory of the ldm by simply changing
the path in /etc/passwd, but I see that fujita is a NIS client.  So,
this leaves us with two choices.  Either we leave the ldm home directory
as it is, or you must ask the Person In Charge of the NIS server to
change the home directory of the ldm.  If you do the latter, you might
ask them if they know of any reason not to do this.  I suppose it's
possible that some machine somewhere else in your network is depending
on the LDM being in /home/kramer3/users/ldm.

If it's easy, I would still advocate moving the home directory to
/usr/local.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307