Re: You are a go

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Anne,
>
> We have been storing all our data on fujita12, as far as ldm goes.
> We would like to put it back there, other than that, free range to
> place everything in it's proper place.
> Let me know when you are ready to start, I will call you and give you
> the root password, I know you need that for something.
> If you want to just put everything on fujita12 you can do that, if you just
> want
> to store there, you can do that.
>
> Thank you
> Jeff

Hi there, Jeff,

I'm inclined to have the ldm home directory be the default location,
which is /usr/local/ldm.  Having it in the default location means that
you don't need to modify any scripts that come with the distribution.
In general, maintenence will be somewhat simpler.  But, I don't know how
many other things you've got now that depend on having the ldm home
directory be /home/kramer3/users/ldm.  Since you're going to reinstall
GEMPAK, there won't be any dependencies there.  Do you know of any
others?  How do you feel about this?

We can put the data directory wherever you like - fujita12 is fine.

Also, you can all me with the root password.  My number is (303)
497-8677.  We can discuss the ldm home location if you like.

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307