Re: Aeolus Flakey

Hi Larry,

Well, aeolus seems happy today.

Since you seem to have plenty of disk space, I'd like to keep it in
debug mode just in case we can catch this happening again.  Is that ok
with you?  I'm keeping 14 hours worth of logs right now, rotating them
every 30 minutes.  If you look in ~ldm/logs you'll see how much space
they are using.

I talked with our system adminstrator about possible ways that a queue
could become corrupted.  He had me look through the cron jobs for a
utility that might be affecting the disk, like a defragmenting utility,
but I couldn't find anything suspicious.

The only scrap of possibly important information I can think of is that
the first time this happened was on Tuesday, 2/5, and yesterday was also
a Tuesday.  Yesterday it happened in the morning.  Do you recall what
time of day this happened two weeks ago?

Otherwise, all I can do is keep an eye on it.  I suppose you could
pronounce it "well" again if you wanted.  Or, maybe there's a better
word than "well"...

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307