20020213: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: 20020207: missing products]]

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

Harry,

>Well - changing the cable did not work.  I will now try changing the
>NIC card.  But I still think something else is going on here.

Is there a possibility that you could give us logons to sunny and air?
Mike is back in the office after fighting off a nasty bug, and he would
appreciate being able to get onto these machines to do some
troubleshooting.  -- root access would be very useful --  Since sending
this kind of information by email is not a good idea (sic), you can
call and leave the info on either Mike's or my voicemail:

yoksas:  303.497.8642
schmidt: 303.497.8688

By the way, the offer of logging on to troubleshoot is not entirely
altruistic.  We have noticed that U Wash machines were causing a
problem with LDM relaying of CONDUIT data on motherlode; load averages
were ramping up to around 20 for extended periods of time.  This is one
of the main reasons that Chiz asked you to change your feed to thelma
(share the pain as it were).  So, the sooner we can figure out what is
happening on your systems, the sooner (hopefully) that we will see a
decrease in the load averages on the machine(s) feeding them.

Thanks in advance...

Tom