Re: 20011025: IDD feed of NNEXRAD for Naval Research Lab

"Frost, Mr. Michael" wrote:

> Hi Anne.
>
> The LDM that we set up here is running on a PC LINUX box.  The data that
> NNEXRAD data that we get in is probably 'big endian', right?  LDM doesn't do
> any byte swapping or anything like that does it?
>
> Also, according to the website the NEXRAD level III data is in NIDS format.
> Is that true?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I do not know which endian form the NEXRAD data is in.  I can say,
however, that endian form has not been an issue on any of our supported
platforms, including Linux.

Yes, the NEXRAD level III data is in NIDS format.  Additionally, the
NEXRAD data that you are getting via the IDD is also compressed.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307