20020210: realtime FTPs to motherlode.ucar.edu (cont.)

>From: Clint Rowe <address@hidden>

Clint (cc to Kevin),

>Power outage last night, but I didn't get in until just now.  Had to
>remake the product queue and restart the LDM  -- everything should
>be fine now.  Let me know if there is anything amiss.

Thanks for the quick action!  I logged onto papagayo and tried to
see if Kevin's machine was trying to connect, but both ping and ldmping
timed out with no reply, but a traceroute worked quickly.

Kevin,

Is there a firewall setup at your site that would prevent pings to
your machine: mkc-65-26-24-74.kc.rr.com?  Apparently, you did not leave
your LDM running, otherwise I should have been able to ldmping it
and/or get a response from notifyme.

Tom

>From address@hidden Sun Feb 10 18:13:29 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020210: realtime FTPs to motherlode.ucar.edu (cont.)

Tom,

You are correct in that I turned off the ldm when I found I wasn't able
to connect. But it seems things are running again.   :-)   I will follow
the steps you laid out for me in your e-mail and see if I can get things
started. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report in the near
future.

KP