20020204: University of Costa Rica internet connection status

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Jimmy, Vilma, and Mario,

At the AMS meeting held in Orlando, Florida (USA) last month Vilma and
I had a chance to talk about networking at U. Costa Rica.  Vilma
informed me that UCR was scheduled to be connected to Internet2 at some
point in the near future.  I am writing to see if the conversion to
Internet2 has taken place and to renew invesitgations into the
inability to successfully run the LDM with the present network
connectivity at UCR.

Jimmy and/or Mario,

We are very interested in how FTPs for model and satellite image data
can be successful at UCR while LDM transfers are not.  We feel that
there is some fundamental issue with your network setup that we are
failing to understand and so are not able to offer our IDD services.

When we corresponded on UCR networking issues last June, Jimmy provided
us (Anne Wilson and myself) with a login to the machine that was
configured to run the LDM.  Would it be possible for us to once again
get that login so we can run some new tests?

Any help you can provide us would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Tom Yoksas