Re: 20020103: Meaning of a ldmd.log statement and need for alternate failover site

HI James,

The message:

> Jan 03 07:40:31 typhoon ldmping[5522]: SVC_UNAVAIL 29.995430 0
> aeolus.ucsd.edu h_clnt_create(aeolus.ucsd.edu): Timed out while

Indicates the ldm on aeolus is not running, and your ldm timed out after
not being able to make a connection..

I continue to be amazed at your hour of latency coming from Washington,
their products are timely, and you seem to have a good connection...most
peculiar. I am in agreement with you that this would necessitate a new
failover, or more diagnosis as to why Wash is so slow to you, other feeds
from Wash do not experience this.

Please perform traceroutes to both:

sunny89.atmos.washington.edu

and

nimbus.atmo.arizona.edu

and attach them in an e-mail back to me please..

Thank you,

PS : perhaps you could also attach your ldmd.conf file as well..thanks

-Jeff