Re: NNEXRAD feed down?

James Murakami wrote:

> Anne,
>
> I told Larry at UCSD that we started getting NNEXRAD
> data again shortly after 2100 UTC. I didn't think
> anything was wrong at the time because other data
> came in timely fashion.
>
> I saw nothing in the ldmd.log files to indicate
> inability to ingest the data. I did notice in
> the hourly stats files that NNEXRAD was missing for
> 1900 and 2000 UTC.
>
> Whatever it was, hopefully it doesn't reoccur.
>
> James
>
> --------------------------------------
> James Murakami
> Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
> Department of Atmospheric Sciences
> University of California, Los Angeles
> 405 Hilgard Ave.
> Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565
>
>    e-mail:  address@hidden
> telephone:  310-825-2418
>       Fax:  310-206-5219
> ---------------------------------------

Hi James,

The problem was at our end.  You might have seen the following message
from Steve Chiswell to ldm-users:

> The NEXRAD feed to motherlode stopped about 18:15Z from the ingestion source.
> It was restarted at 20:51Z.
>
> We are working to provide a redundant backup source.

At the time I checked (before I responded to you), the data had started
flowing again so I was unaware of the outage.

This would affect everyone downstream of Larry, but none of the other
sites as we don't yet have redundancy for the NEXRAD feed.

Sorry about that!

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307