Re: aeolus

Jeff Weber wrote:

> Hi Larry,
>
> Anne and I have been building the LDM on aeolus today, and after a few DNS
> issues and make scenarios, it is complete. We attempted to feed NNEXRAD
> from aeolus to meteora to reduce the load on motherlode, but had some
> issues with aeolus finding meteora, so both are getting full feeds
> currently from motherlode.
>
> We can fine tune the feeds tomorrow and hopefully begin feeding from
> aeolus.
>
> PS: couldn't you have named it "wind" ;)
>
> -Jeff

Hi Larry,

Just to follow up on Jeff's earlier message, I believe aeolus is ready
to go.  We did not start pqact right away in order to test things step
by step.  But, I just started up pqact on aeolus, and it appears that
all is well.  Please take a look at the data to see if your getting what
you think you should be getting.  And, let me know if you find a
problem.

Also, right now meteora is feeding entirely from aeolus and getting
nothing from motherlode.  Other than for testing, we didn't want to have
motherlode feeding two full NEXRAD feeds to ucsd.  That all seems to be
working as well.

So, please keep an eye on things and let me know if anything appears
wrong.  You're the best judge of how things should look there.

And, you're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome!!

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307