Re: Meteora

Mike Leuthold wrote:

> > Anne Wilson at Unidata feels that it may be a system overload problem here
> > at SIO.  The current ldm host (meteora, which is not very well endowed,
> > memory wise) is it's own DNS server.  When the ldm workload goes up, it may
> > prevent meteora from doing it's DNS duties properly.
>
> I was having the same problem with meteora.  Once Larry ALLOWed my IP in
> addition to my hostname, that problem went away.  My current problem is
> that I'm losing packets to the I2 and I'm fighting (again)with our telecom
> people to resolve this problem between AZ and the I2.
>
> --
> Mike Leuthold
> Atmospheric Sciences/Institute of Atmospheric Physics
> University of Arizona
> address@hidden
> 520-621-2863

Hi again, Larry,

As I mentioned in one of earlier exchanges, an easy fix that might
improve the DNS problem is to put the names of all sites that connect to
you in your /etc/hosts file on meteora.  If you'd like me to handle that
for you, I will do that, however I would need root access.  Again,
please do not email passwords to me.  Instead, please leave them on my
voice mail.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307