Re: LDM Feature or Bug

Daryl Herzmann wrote:

> Oh LDM Goddess!
>
>         Has my collegue and I stumbled accross a LDM feature or bug???
>
> in ldmd.conf have line like
>
> request EXP     "rwis.sao"      mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
>
> -> server will not start, so try
>
> request EXP     "rwis"  mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
>
> -> server will no start, so try
>
> request EXP     ".*"    mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
>
> -> server starts, scratch head, so try
>
> request EXP     "^rwis.sao"     mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
>
> -> server starts
>
> Thanks and my printer is still broken!!
>
>         Daryl

Hi Daryl,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner about this.   Boy, this
is a wierd one!  I tried this on imogene.  The first two caused a syntax
error like you reported.  The second two, however, worked for me.  Are
you sure ".*" didn't work for you?

Offhand, nothing stands out in the code.  It uses yacc to parse the conf
file, but I've never used yacc.  I'll have to put this in the debugger
and poke around some more.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307