20011203: stripping directory names in pqact.conf? (cont.)

>From: "Molenar, Deb" <address@hidden>

Deb,

re: where are you getting your MCIDAS feed

>These are coming from a temporary feed that Kevin set up to get the data
>to VISIT -- not routinely available since not a routine product at WRH.

OK.  Just curious.

re: number of matching patterns in your pqact.conf entry

>Thanks -- thought that didn't look right, but it was from Kevin's
>pqact.conf so who am I to question?  I made your suggested changes.

OK, good.  Please read on, however.  There is more to the pattern as
I note below.

re: lack of tabs in the right spots

>ok there -- I just left out the tab when typing a copy of the line in
>email.

I was just making sure...

>That's my understanding.  Maybe the above will fix the problem.  Since
>the products only come in every 3 hours, one more sanity check.  The
>feed via ldmadmin watch -f MCIDAS looks like:
>
>... MCIDAS 000 /usr1/mcidas/data/goeswinddif251_2001120

OK.

>I've never seen anything come across like this, so am I on the right
>track with:
>
>MCIDAS ^.*(goeswind*)
>       FILE    -overwrite      /data/ldm/\1

Given the product name, I think your pattern should be:

MCIDAS  ^.*(goeswind.*)
        FILE    -overwrite      /data/ldm/\1

(NOTE: the ".*" instead of "*" in the goeswind pattern!)

Also, adding a -close to the file action would be a good idea:

MCIDAS  ^.*(goeswind.*)
        FILE    -close  -overwrite      /data/ldm/\1

Finally, it would see that the name of the product contains some date
and time information.  If this is true, it is likely that the file
names in the headers will not repeat.  Given this, the '-overwrite'
will do nothing for you (each new product will be written into a file
that has a name that is different from all of the others).  If you are
attempting to control the number of files you keep on disk by
overwriting old ones with new ones, then you will have to pay more
attention to how you are naming the new ones.

Tom

Date:    Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:15:02 MST
From:    "Molenar, Deb" <address@hidden>

Thanks for the help with the goeswinds stuff also.  Got the ldm portion
of the ingest working.