Re: today/tomorrow

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Anne,
> I am done for the day.  I have a meeting at the Wilmington Radar site
> tomorrow.  I will fix whatever I can before the meeting with what you send
> me this afternoon and after the meeting I will be back here to fix what you
> send me tomorrow.
> Have a Happy Halloween.
> Thanks
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I fixed the system log by simply creating a 0 length /var/adm/messages
file.  syslogd will not create files, so a file must exist before it
will write to it.  The .1, .2, and .3 files should be generated
automatically as the logs are rotated.

Logging still didn't seem to be working properly, so I restarted
syslogd.  Then I found that in /etc/syslog.conf, the path for
local0.debug was /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log, but your ldm resides at
/home/kramer3/users, so I modified that path to reflect that.  Logging
seemed to be working at that time.

I logged out for about two hours, and just now tried to log back in
again to check it, but was denied.  Has something changed?

Anne
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307