Re: logging, stats, and dcgrib problem

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Anne,
> Well that was my goof, I deleted them then made them, must be a made them
> wrong.
> as far as messages went.
> Thanks for the update though.
> Jeff

Jeff,

Based on your first message and the change in /var/adm/messages*, I
immediately went to my sys admin about the possibility that you were
compromised.  Knowing the latter is a simple mistake is comforting.

Mike, our sys admin, suggested that you implement sudo.  It allows you
to do things as root, but also tracks everything that's done.  It can be
very useful.

If you would like Mike and me to help get you set up, please let us
know.  But, you do have system administration support, don't you?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307