Re: ETX in NOAAPORT feed

Gregory Grosshans wrote:

> For the NOAAPORT data stream on the IDD do you find many of the WFO products
> missing the ETX
> character at the end of the products?
>
> On our NOAAPORT ingest into LDM I've noticed the metar and UA data have SOH
> and ETX, but that
> now/afd/zone products are missing the ETX.  I talked to a person in the AWIPS
> Program Office
> who indicated the NWS recently upgraded software at NOAA Weather Wire Uplinks
> to add the ETX
> character.  He couldn't verify the ETX was missing.
>
> Does the NOAAPORT ingest software used by the IDD check for a ETX, and if its
> missing add a
> ETX?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregg Grosshans

Hi Gregg,

I don't know whether the ETX character is missing on those products or not.
Like you
suggested, our software checks for the proper terminating string, CR, CR, LF,
ETX, and adds any
missing parts.

I realize that you and I had a discussion going earlier this week, so perhaps
that's why you
addressed your question to me directly.  However, it would be better for you to
send your
support questions to support@unidata instead.  That way, someone else can help
you should I be
away from the office.  FYI.