[ldmMcidas #LMZ-903767]: ldm-mcidas installation

Hi,

re:
> Its me again, well I did export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/ldm/lib and
> area2png is
> working now.

OK.  Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is one way of solving the problem, but it is
more brittle than the other way:

Force use of the static LDM and (non-existent) McIDAS libraries:

set:

export LD_LDM="$LDMHOME/lib/libldm.a"
export LD_MCIDAS="$MCIHOME/lib/libmcidas.a"
export LD_FORTRAN='-static -lf2c'

$LDMHOME/lib/libldm.a exists so needed entry points should be found, and
$MCIHOME/lib/libmcidas.a does not exist but this should not be an issue
since there should be no entry points needed from the McIDAS library.
Most of this is to simply satisfy 'configure'.

re:
> However if you do make all like I said on my earlier email it requires the
> -lmcidas library, which we didn’t install the mcidas-x. Without the -lmcidas
> library one decoder file is missing, nldn2md.

OK.

One comment:

PGE is not a university, so it is not allowed to get NLDN lightning data
via the IDD, and this, in turn, implies that you won't need the
'nldn2md' routine.  In addition, files created by 'nldn2md' are only
useful in Unidata McIDAS-X, so you wouldn't use them anyway.

Ticket ID: LMZ-903767
Department: Support ldm-mcidas