[ldmMcidas #RSH-858670]: ldm-mcidas 2009 decoders

Hi Darren,

re:
> I have GEMPAK installed.

OK.

re:
> But I'm dumb… as I missed a couple of the really important
> decoders, pnga2area, pngg2gini, and area2png, which were
> the reason I was trying to install ldm-mcidas.

OK, these are indeed ldm-mcidas utilities.  But, you may not
need them as:

- GEMPAK from Unidata supports direct use of PNG-compressed
  imagery in AREA and GINI formats, so you may not need
  to uncompress the images at all

- 'area2png' is the routine that compresses single-banded
  imagery in AREA format

  I am curious if you really need/want this routine?

Ticket ID: RSH-858670
Department: Support ldm-mcidas