[ldmMcidas #PVL-726977]: goes 10 imagery

Hi Waldenio,

re:
> We are ingesting GOES-10 imagery at canela.cptec.inpe.br and relaying it
> to mopora.cptec.inpe.br (tigge-ldm in ldm statistics).
>
> You can request this imagery at mopora.

OK.  I just setup the ingest to mopora.

> We are testing this imagery here, but you could test it also. There is
> one South America one each 15 minutes and one full disk every 3 hours.
>
> We are using these identifiers:
>
> EXP 000  pnga2area Q1 S2 1361 GOES-10_IMG 3.9um 4km 20080521 1400

I setup my data request and pqact.conf entries to use this kind of pattern.

> One question arises with the Prods "S*"... all GOES imagery that we
> receive from UNIWISC have Prods "U*".

Correct.

> If we use S*, we will need to
> modify the pqact.gempak_images also, because it only decodes U* prods.

Correct.  The easiest thing to do is to add the 'S' to the 'U'.

> What exactly means these figures (U,S,...)

These 'product codes' used to be very important for processing for McIDAS.
They can be ignored by sites not using the McIDAS routing table to process
the images.  The explanation for the McIDAS routing table is too complicated
to explain in a short email.  There is information in the Unidata McIDAS
User's Guide, however.

Ticket ID: PVL-726977
Department: Support ldm-mcidas