[ldmMcidas #PUC-404507]: MD storage limits

Hi Samuel,

re:
> I've done these steps, however the gribadmin num doesn't change, even after
> 15 minutes
> Here is the following output:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ gribadmin num
>
> Model Number   % of
> Name  of Grids Total
> ===== ======== =====
> ----- -------- -----
> Total        0

I logged on briefly yesterday afternoon and did not come up with a theory as to
why DMBIN was not updating the MySQL database.  I even deleted and rebuilt the
database thinking that it might be corrupt, but that didn't do anything.

I logged back in this morning and took another look.  I found that the McIDAS
distribution had been rebuilt on October 11 without MySQL support.  I determined
that the distribution had been built without MySQL support by looking through
the McIDAS build logfile, ~mcidas/mcidas2007/src/makelog.

So, I tried rebuilding McIDAS:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2007/src
make clobber
make all

The make ran into a problem finding a MySQL library while linking
against a MySQL library.  It looks like the MySQL development environment
has been changed since the original build of McIDAS that was done some
months ago and that the new MySQL stuff is no longer in the "standard"
location.

Question:

- was the MySQL development environment installation changed some time back?

At the same time, I took a look at the pqact processing setup since
I noticed errors related to GRIB data processing in ~ldm/logs/XCD_START.LOG.
The errors were about missing 7777 codes in GRIB messages.  Since this was
totally unexpected, I decided to look harder at your setup.

I saw that you were processing GRIB messages in two different
pqact.conf_mcidas[AB]
files.  I consolidated the actions for HDS (which is the same as HRS), NGRID
and CONDUIT into a new pqact.conf file, ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf_mcidasC.  I removed
the actions that processed these data from the other two pqact.conf_mcidas[AB]
files and added a new entry for processing using pqact.conf_mcidasC in
the LDM configuration file ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  After checking the integrity
of all three of pqact.conf_mcidas[ABC], I restarted the LDM.

Back to McIDAS:

I am trying to figure out what changed on shu wrt MySQL and how to configure
MySQL_ROOT to allow a build to continue (it is failing at the moment).  Please
let me know
if the MySQL development enviornment was changed as it looks different from
when McIDAS was originally built.

In the meantime, processing is proceeding normally with the exception of GRIB
messages which are getting filed but not registered in the MySQL database.

Ticket ID: PUC-404507
Department: Support ldm-mcidas