[ldmMcidas #PCO-265078]: Compiling error with LDM-Mcidas 2004

Hi Trung,

re:
> I ran the makefile for one of my applications on RHEL4 using g95
> compiler. I got the following error message:
>
> g95 -o goes_sst_crtm /home/mcidas/lib/main.o \
> bayesfunctions.o bayesscreen_.o chan2functions_.o clumpy_.o \
> goesclimatology_.o matrix.o  goes_sst_crtm.o navline.o nav_pixab3.o \
> sunglint2.o interpolators.o opprofgen.o run_ffm_CRTM.o run_goes_CRTM.o \
> GRID_read.o  -LCRTM/src -lCRTM -L/home/mcidas/lib -lmcidas \
> -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/ppc-redhat-linux/2.96 -lg2c
>
> ld: skipping incompatible /home/mcidas/lib/libmcidas.a when searching
> for -lmcidas
> ld: cannot find -lmcidas
> make: *** [goes_sst_crtm] Error 1
>
> Any suggestion? Thanks.

It appears that the McIDAS library you are trying to link against is not
compatible with the loader being invoked by g95.  To me this says that your
McIDAS installation was built on a different machine/OS/arcitecture or that
g95-produced code is not compatible with that produced by g77.

Since I have no experience with g95 (yet), and since my experience with
gfortran has been _BAD_ (executable code mishandles simple Fortran format
statement actions), I suggest you use g77.

Sorry I don't have any pearls of wisdom on getting g95-produced code to
work with that of other flavors of Fortran...

Ticket ID: PCO-265078
Department: Support ldm-mcidas