[SupportPlaza #PDS-980326]: broken link on ldm-mcidas pages

Hi Susan,

re:
> Hope it helps, since now there aren't any Notes and Warnings !

:-)

> I'll dig through netCDF and see how that changes from the previous
> instructions. So far looks doable.

The fact of the matter is that since you will need to build McIDAS, and
since netCDF 3.x is bundled with McIDAS, you should already have what you
need for the netCDF.  All you really need to do is to setup the environment
variables that tell 'configure' where to find the netCDF stuff (include file
and library).

Since one has to setup environment variables to build Unidata McIDAS, one
can simply follow the instructions on the McIDAS web page for setting up
the 'mcidas' account:

Unidata McIDAS HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/

   Unidata McIDAS-X User's Guide
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/2006/users_guide/toc.html

     Installing McIDAS-X on Unix or Mac OS X Workstations

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/2006/users_guide/InstallingMcIDAS-XonUnixorMacOSXWorkstations.html#63755

       Preparing the mcidas Account

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/2006/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html#22841

If you follow the steps listed, your McIDAS distribution will build and install
with
no problems, and the necessary netCDF is part of the build/install.

Given this, a lot of the environment variables that need to be set will be
viewable
in an 'env' listing done as the user 'mcidas'.  The other ones that need to be
set
will follow the example settings in the ldm-mcidas web page.

> thanks!

No worries.  Please don't hesitate to let us know if you run into problems.

Ticket ID: PDS-980326
Department: Support ldm-mcidas