20041007: BGSU ldm-mcidas configure error

>From: Patrick L. Francis <address@hidden>

Patrick,

Jeff Weber forwarded the following email from you to Unidata Support
last week.

>configure:2937: conflicting types for `fgetc'
>/usr/include/stdio.h:383: previous declaration of `fgetc'
>configure: failed program was:
>#line 2935 "configure"
>#include "confdefs.h"
>#include <stdio.h>
>                     extern struct {int a; int b;} *fgetc();
>
>int main() {
>
>; return 0; }
>
>ldm-mcidas

The problem you were running into in trying to build the ldm-mcidas
decoder package was related to environment variable definitions
being used by 'configure' in the account you were using for the
build ('ldm').

Instead of walking you through the process of setting up the environment
variables needed for your system, I took the much simpler approach of
downloading a binary distribution of the ldm-mcidas decoders and
installing then in place of the source distribution you were attempting
to use for a build.  The binaries will work fine on your system, so
you have not lost anything by using them.

Please let Unidata User Support know if you have questions about the
binary distribution of the ldm-mcidas decoders.  Sending email to
support instead of directly to Jeff will help speed the process of
getting you up and running.  Thanks!

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas