20040819: ldmadmin start error msg (cont.)

>From: mynul khan <address@hidden>

Mynul,

>I thought during the intallation & configuration
>process, it automatically creates decoders files and
>directories at ~ldm/decoders.

The LDM is a standalone package that is used by a variety of folks that
are not in the Unidata university community (e.g., governments of South
Korea, Spain, Brazil, etc.).  It does not include any decoders since
these are items that can be site-specific.

>Right now that directory
>is empty and I wasn't able to find the decoders   in
>~ldm/src. What is the directory they by default
>resides during the installation and configuration
>process?

The ldm-mcidas decoders (decoders for data in the IDD UNIWISC, NLDN,
and FSL2 datastreams) are contained in the ldm-mcidas package.  Here is
the URL for the ldm-mcidas homepage:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/mcidd/index.html

>The same question is also for the routines
>needed to run McIDAS-XCD decoding. Where can I find them?

The decoders that are contained in McIDAS-XCD are part of the
McIDAS-XCD package, which is, in turn, part of Unidata McIDAS-X.  The
Unidata McIDAS web pages have detailed instructions on setting up the
LDM to run McIDAS-XCD decoding:

Unidata McIDAS-X HomePage
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/index.html

  Installing and Configuring McIDAS-X

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/2004/users_guide/InstallingandConfiguringMcIDAS-X.html

    Installing McIDAS-XCD on Unix Workstations

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/2004/users_guide/mcidas-xcd.html

      McIDAS-XCD Software Installation

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/mcidas/2004/users_guide/xcd_installation.html

      Installation procedures