20020820: pnga2area (cont.)

>From:  "Benjamin Cotton" <address@hidden>

Ben,

>Ive been looking at the suggestion you made for changes in the Purdue
>pqact.conf file.  I have one question about it.  You suggested that I
>make the entries into:
>
>MCIDAS            ^pnga2area Q. (..) (.*) (.*) (.*) (.*) (........) (....)
>            PIPE     -close /project/ldm/decoders/pnga2area
>            -vl /project/ldm/logs/png.log
>            -a etc/SATANNOT
>            -b etc/SATBAND
>            /project/ldm/data/mcidas/\6\7_sie.mca
>
>The problem I see with this is that all of the McIDAS files will end up
>with a file name ending in sie.mca.

I took the pattern for the name from the entry that I believe you sent
to Anne in the first place.  You can, of course, name the file anything
you like.

>Since sie stands for east infrared
>satellite, this would not be a very good result.  Is there a way to get
>the proper ending into the file name using only one entry, or do I need
>to use the Qxxx and make a new entry for each old one.  One, like this:
>
>MCIDAS         ^pnga2area Q1 UI (.*) (.*) (.*) (.*) (........) (....)
>            PIPE     -close /project/ldm/decoders/pnga2area
>            -vl /project/ldm/logs/png.log
>            -a etc/SATANNOT
>            -b etc/SATBAND
>            /project/ldm/data/mcidas/\5\6_sie.mca

Since the sufficies you want to use can not be created from any
information contained in the product header, you will need to create a
separate entry for each of the products you want to file.  The example
decoder entries contained in the file ldm-mcidas-pqact.conf distributed
with ldm-mcidas can be viewed from a link from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcidd/ldm-mcidas-use.html

This file contains examples of doing just this sort of thing you will
need to do.

>Thanks,

No worries.