20001019: GOES-East/West compositing from UW stream imagery (cont.)

>From:  Michael Sands <address@hidden>

Michael,

>The permissions were set exactly as you specified and I can write to the
>directory as the user mcidas.

OK, what does the log output tell us?  The log file is specified by
the MCLOG environment variable that is set in the script batch.k.

Several things come to mind:

o PATH is specified incorrectly: you should have the directory containing
  McIDAS-X executables set as the first thing in PATH that is defined
  in batch.k.  Also, I have seen problems on Linux systems occur when
  folks forget to include /bin in their PATH.  The result of this is
  that 'sed' does not get found, and the section in batch.k:

# Format the command for execution
command=`echo "$@" | sed 's/^BATCH/batch.k/'`

  fails.  When this happens, there is typically no log output.

o you are not running the simple defaults that batch.k are sent out
  with; you are specifying a mcenv invocation so that the size of the
  frame you are using for PostProcess BATCH invocations is not the
  default 640x480.

  In this case, PATH may be redefined when the mcenv clause runs:
  this is a result of mcenv reading ~ldm/.cshrc and using PATH
  specified from there.  If this is the case, and if you are logging
  to $MCLOG, then you should see errors.

Let me know what you see in the $MCLOG log file and we will proceed from
there.