20001004: problem with MCIDAS pqact.conf entry

>From: Dallas Masters <address@hidden>

Dallas,

>I have tried to get the following MCIDAS pqact.conf entry working, but it
>does not produce.  I can extract a png file from the queue using pqcat and
>pipe it to pnga2area and produce an area file without problems.  So it
>must be something in my pqact.conf file that is amiss.  Can anyone clue me
>in?  Thanks.

Did you run 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' to see if pqact.conf syntax was valid?
Another possibility is that there is a line above your entry that has a
leading blank.  This kind of a syntax error is not picked up and reported
by 'ldmadmin pqactcheck'.  Still another possibility is that there are not
appropriate tabs in your pqact.conf entry.

># GOES West Visible
>MCIDAS ^pnga2area Q1 (U9) (.*) (.*) (.*) (.*) (........) (....)
>        PIPE    -close
>        /home/ldm/ldm-mcidas-7.6.4/bin/pnga2area
>       -l /home/ldm/ldm-mcidas-7.6.4/logs/mcidas.log
>        -a /home/ldm/ldm-mcidas-7.6.4/etc/SATANNOT
>        -b /home/ldm/ldm-mcidas-7.6.4/etc/SATBAND
>        /home/ldm/data/unidata/mcidas/%y%m%d%H_svw.mca

This looks more or less correct, but I am suspicious about needed
tabs.  The reason I say this is the lack of alignment in your listing.
The '-' in the '-l' does not align vertically with the beginning of
other lines (PIPE, /home/ldm'ldm-mcidas..., -a /home/ldm/ldm-mcidas...,
-b /home/ldm/ldm-mcidas, and /home/ldm/data/unidata...).

As a reminder, pqact.conf entries demand use of tabs as white space in
certain places:

o between MCIDAS and ^pnga2area
o before PIPE
o before -close
o before /home/ldm/ldm-mcidas-7.6.4/bin/pnga2area
o before -l /home/ldm/...
o before -a ...
o before -b ...
o before /home/ldm/data

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Fri Oct  6 10:30:38 2000
>Subject: Re: 20001004: problem with MCIDAS pqact.conf entry

> Did you run 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' to see if pqact.conf syntax was valid?
> Another possibility is that there is a line above your entry that has a
> leading blank.  This kind of a syntax error is not picked up and reported
> by 'ldmadmin pqactcheck'.  Still another possibility is that there are not
> appropriate tabs in your pqact.conf entry.

Actually, I did not remember the pqactcheck tool until later, and this is
what finally fixed the problem.  There were some extra spaces in some
lines.

Dallas