20000915: Problem running ROUTE PostProcess BATCH files from pnga2area

>From: Angel Li <address@hidden>

Angel,

>I updated to the latest LDM-decoders to get the pnga2area decoder
>and when I replaced a call to lwtoa3 with the pnga2area, I am
>no longer seeing the .BAT files getting executed.
>
>Any hints?

This is working for other users, so I have to assume that there is no
systematic problem.

Here are some things to look at:

o if you are decoding the CIMSS products (time indicator Q0) and attempting
  to use the routing table for the products output names, you must have
  CIMSS entries in the routing table or unpredictable results will occur.
  One site reported that their routing table was getting corrupted, so
  it appears that the effects can be damaging.

  Here is what you can do:

  <login as 'mcidas'>
  cd workdata
  route.k LIST

  Is the listing strange (numbers in obviously incorrect places, etc.)?

  If not, then skip the next step.

  If so, then you will need to regenerate the routing table.  You can do
  this from McIDAS, or you can use the routing table (ROUTE.SYS) that
  is distributed with ldm-mcidas.

  Add CIMSS entries to the routing table:

  (still in workdata)
  ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
    <user> anonymous
    <pass> your email address
    cd pub/mcidas
    get CIMSS.BAT
    quit
  batch.k CIMSS.BAT

o after the CIMSS product issue is taken care of, we must return back
  to the reason that the ROUTE PostProcessing is not working.

  I suspect that you are pointing to the ldm-mcidas-7.6.4/bin directory
  in your 'ldm's PATH.  This will mean that the copy of batch.k that
  will be executed is the one that was just delivered with ldm-mcidas
  7.6.4.  batch.k is a Bourne shell script that has to be edited to
  set McIDAS environment variables to match your McIDAS installation.
  It is likely that your installation is not the one recommended in
  our installation instructions: /home/mcidas.  If this is the case,
  you can simply edit the copy of batch.k that is being used and
  correct the settings to match your setup.  I would recommend, however,
  that the ldm-mcidas decoders and batch.k that you are using be copied
  to a permanent directory in 'ldm's directory hierarchy.  This is
  typically /usr/local/ldm/decoders or /usr/local/ldm/util.  By copying
  the file(s), you will setup a situation where you only have to edit
  batch.k once (as long as you do not overwrite it when you install
  the next ldm-mcidas release).

>Thanks a bunch,

Please let me know if the above is not your problem.

>Angel

Tom Yoksas

on 9/15/00 12:19 PM, Unidata Support at address@hidden wrote:

> Please let me know if the above is not your problem.

The problem was I did not edit batch.k before/after installing it.

Thanks again,

Angel