20000912: MCIDAS: Re-installation Help (cont.)

>From: Michael Keables <address@hidden>

Mike,

>I've changed the root password on cyclone (I don't want to have to go
>through this again.)

OK.

>Give me a call if you need the new root passwd (I'm in class 9-10 and 12-1
>but around the rest of the time.)

OK.  I can not get to your machine using either telnet or ssh.  We looked
at the error message we were getting back:

ssh cyclone.natnet.du.edu -l mcidas

(this looks like a timeout)

and think that perhaps someone
there is using TCP wrappers around the ssh port (port 22).

The reason for thinking this is seen from a comparison of a telnet to
port 22 on your machine versus the same for one of our machines:

cyclone:

telnet cyclone.natnet.du.edu 22
Trying...
Connected to cyclone.natnet.du.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed.

laraine at the upc:

telnet laraine 22
Trying...
Connected to laraine.unidata.ucar.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.1.1

Can you check into this tomorrow and get back to me?  Thanks.

>Michael J. Keables, Ph.D.
>303.871.2653

Tom